With a recession on the horizon, many businesses have already started facing budget cuts and employee layoffs. For example, large corporations like Google, Amazon, Dell, Salesforce, and Paypal have kicked off the new year with thousands of collective layoffs. The harsh reality is that your business may be forced to take similar action.
Want to avoid layoffs? Read this blog to learn about the role outsourced IT can play in keeping your business profitable during economic turbulence.
What Is Outsourced IT?
Before we dive into how outsourced IT can help your business weather the recession, let’s review what it is.
Outsourced IT, often referred to as a managed service provider (MSP), is a company that provides IT services and support for businesses from a remote location. This can range from managing your entire IT system to providing specific tech-related services such as cloud storage, backup and recovery, cybersecurity, website hosting, software development, and more.
Outsourced IT is an increasingly popular solution to solving businesses’ information technology needs. Between the growing danger of cyberthreats and the increasing complexity of modern IT infrastructure, many companies find it hard to scale up their IT as they grow. In fact, according to ISG Research, 92% of the largest 2,000 organizations in the U.S. outsource their IT. While outsourced IT isn’t a certainty, it becomes increasingly likely that your business will have to take it on past a certain point of growth.
But what makes outsourced IT such a popular solution? Let’s explore.
Benefits of IT Outsourcing
Organizations across the U.S. are embracing outsourced IT solutions for good reason. When compared to in-house IT, outsourced solutions have:
- Simpler Budgeting: MSPs offer better cost predictability because their fees are generally set up through monthly subscription plans. This makes it easier to forecast your spending on outsourced services. It’s especially easier than trying to manage the unpredictable costs of in-house staff and equipment.
- Access to Industry Experts: Most MSPs have teams of experts with vast experience in multiple technologies who can quickly identify and fix any issues that arise. This makes it possible to get the best advice for your business without hiring dedicated IT staff. This expertise also simplifies scalability. Undertaking a new project with demanding needs? No problem! An outsourced IT professional can flex according to your exact needs.
- Increased Efficiency: An MSP can help you streamline your operations by automating certain tasks such as patch management and network monitoring. This allows you to focus on more critical tasks and increases productivity. Your IT shouldn’t be an anchor weighing you down, it should be the wind in your sails. If you’ve felt held back by your IT, it may be time to consider partnering with an MSP.
- Reduced Risk: By outsourcing routine maintenance tasks such as server updates and user access control, you can reduce the risk of security breaches and data loss. Did you know that ,according to Stanford University, 88% of data breaches are caused by human error? Taking your IT infrastructure and operations outside of your organization prevents this kind of mistake from happening. A professional MSP will have the tools, knowledge, and experience to make sure that your organization stays safe and secure.
Explore Outsourced IT Services
Forming a partnership with an MSP now can make sure you’re prepared for the worst the recession has to offer. Explore Virtual-Q’s IT services to see if we can meet your needs.
How Outsourced IT Can Help Your Business Get Through The Recession
Now that we’ve explored the general benefits of IT outsourcing, let’s explore how outsourced IT can help your business weather a potential recession:
- Cost Savings: During a recession, businesses need to find ways to save money while still providing essential services. Managed services cost savings come from eliminating in-house hiring and purchasing hardware and software licenses. Furthermore, the fixed costs associated with outsourced IT (mentioned above) make it easier to budget and plan—the key to surviving a recession.
- Optimized Operations/Minimal Downtime: To stay competitive during a recession, businesses need to operate at peak efficiency. MSPs have the tools and skills to ensure that your operations run smoothly with minimal downtime. The right outsourced IT partner will have rapid response times (preferably within five minutes) and be readily available to solve your IT issues.
- Experienced Partner: Partnering with a professional managed service provider (MSP) can provide additional expertise in areas such as security, compliance, and cloud computing. An MSP can also provide guidance on strategies such as virtualization and automation that can help businesses reduce costs while increasing efficiency. This expert advice ensures that your company makes the right IT moves.
- Business Continuity Management: In turbulent times, businesses must have a business continuity management (BCM) plan. An MSP can provide the necessary services for your business to develop and maintain an effective BCM plan that will ensure operations continue in the event of any unforeseen disruption or disaster.
MSPs can help businesses stay profitable and emerge from the recession stronger than ever. By providing cost-effective solutions, modernizing operations, and helping with business continuity planning, MSPs are a valuable asset for businesses seeking to navigate these difficult times.
Partner With Virtual-Q for Exceptional IT Services
Virtual-Q is your source for all of your IT and cybersecurity needs. We’ll meet any of your needs by implementing our:
- Decades of Combined Experience
- Cutting-Edge Technology
- White-Glove Service
- Security-First Approach
Contact us today for IT solutions that strengthen your business’s processes and security in equal measure.